Friday, May 12, 2006

CRAAAAAAAAPP!!!

Look what I almost SAT on this morning.

I went into the back yard to take some pictures of jewelry out in the sunlight. Was halfway to sitting down when I glanced down and saw THIS literally about 1-foot from where I was preparing to sit. Now, I'm okay with snakes as long as they're over there and don't seem too interested in me. Or if I can verify that they're harmless. I just don't know most of them by sight. Still, harmless or not, I don't want to SIT on one! I'm a biggish woman and not particularly nimble and it's not all that easy to reverse direction when you're halfway into a sit-on-the-ground maneuver, but you can bet your booty I managed it!

I consulted my "expert resources", ie: Scrap Share, and have found he's a simple garter snake. I didn't know they had red on them. Whew! Now that I know he's a good snake, we can peacefully co-exist. If he wasn't, Steve would have been mowing the yard for a while.

Now I just hope he'll eat those moles that have been invading my yard!

1 Comments:

At 11:37 PM, Blogger Stacy said...

Have mercy, Diana. You are WAY more woman than I am! Garter snake or no, I'd be freaked out. Did you take that close-up photo? HOW CLOSE WERE YOU, you freak??

Last summer, I accidentally stepped over a snake in our garage. He was probably only 1 foot long - brownish with no real distinguishable markings - but to this day, I cannot walk into the garage without first crossing myself and saying the Lord's Prayer, and I'm not even Catholic. I HATE SNAKES!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home