Sunday, April 30, 2006

Mr. Fashion Strikes Again

Please read “Kids are weird” posted 11/7/05 for the back story if you care to know the back story.

Okay, so six months later, Lane is still wearing nothing but khaki cargo pants. If you read the back story you’ll note that I bought him one pair of grey ones which he has since eschewed as he only likes the khaki. He has to wear them to school on occasion when the khakis are dirty and I catch him digging a pair out of the laundry hamper and make him put them back. On these days, he goes to school in a very pissy mood. Steve took him to Old Navy yesterday and got him two more pair of khaki cargoes so he’s good to go in that department.

BUT …..

Somewhere, and I don’t remember where in this clothing saga, he told me he wanted to change from briefs to boxers. He had a couple of boxers that he mostly wore for p.j.s and, being the laundress, I had noticed that he’d started wearing them as drawers. So, he wants to change to boxers because briefs bind. Allrighty, then.

Today, doing laundry, I notice NO boxers. Hmmmm. Is the darned kid not changing? Or is he going commando? Then I get to the whites and find briefs in his size. (Luckily for him, when he banned briefs, I didn’t get rid of them.) Sure enough, he’s gone back from boxers to briefs. WTF? I asked him if he didn’t like boxers any more and he said he didn’t but couldn’t really say why. *sigh*

Please, please someone out there tell me their kid is weird about clothes!! In my original post about him and his clothing, I asked ‘What next?’ Well, I guess that question is answered. I won’t even bother to ask it again as I know it will be something.

1 Comments:

At 12:24 AM, Blogger Stacy said...

CRACK ME UP!!!

You should know...

I'm using your boys as a barometer for what to expect out of MY two in year to come. hee! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home