Monday, April 24, 2006

Just call me Mrs. Last Minute

Steve is very much a last minute kind of guy. Always has been. I suspect he always will be. I don’t know if it’s that he works best under pressure or if it’s just a lack of planning. Either way, not my problem. Or is it??

I’m a plan ahead kind of girl. I like to get things done so that I don’t have to go into panic mode right before an event. For example, when we were going to visit his family for Christmas, I had everything done ahead of time so that the day of could be devoted to those things which, by their nature, must be done somewhat last minute …. packing bags, baking, etc. So, what happens? Steve needs me to run to the town he works in (35 minutes from home) to pick up some papers, take them to a second town (50 minutes from that town) and then back home (15 minutes from the last town). SO not what I had planned to do last minute. Today was another case in point. AS he’s leaving for work, he realizes that the rain last night caused the gutters to overflow. There’s been rain in the forecast for days. Does he get out there and clean them before the rain? Nope. Guess who’s a$$ he had out on the ladder with the rains coming in this morning to clean the gutters? Well, most of them. I finished four out of five when I saw distant lighting and scooted indoors so fast I think I left skid marks.

Santa’s wife is called Mrs. Claus. The President’s wife is called Mrs. President. (Okay, okay, they call her First Lady but it’s effectively the same.) So, you can just call me Mrs. Last Minute.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home