Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Puppies, puppies everywhere and not a one was mine

Had to take mom for a check-up in OKC today. We got a wild hair and decided to stop in nephew's office on the way home and surprise him. He works at a vet clinic in Edmond. He was very surprised. It was really fun to see the look on his face when we walked it. His clinic is 1.5 hours from our town so it's not like he would expect us to be in the neighborhood! It was one of those things where it takes a few seconds for the brain to believe what the eyes are seeing. I thought surprising him and seeing his "domain" was fun.

And then ....

I see the open doorway into another area. What's that, I ask? Oh, a pet shop. WHAAAAAAAT??

Well, anyone that knows me knows I could not resist the lure of a pet shop. I usually avoid them for this reason but this one was was just so ... so ... available. Just a few, meager steps away. My feet were moving that way before I could think to tell them not to. I got to pet 18 puppies ....

2 Yorkies
1 Chihuahua
6 Cairn Terriers (these little guys nearly made me lose my will power)
2 Pointers
2 Puggles
2 Cocker Spaniels
1 Bichon Frise
2 other little white ones (Westies?)

Oh, and two orange and white kittens. I think the only thing that would have been better than getting to pet them all one at a time would have been if they'd gotten them all out of their little pens at the same time and let me sit on the floor in the middle of all of them. I came away with well chewed fingers, smelling like puppy breath and a whole week's worth of warm fuzzies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home