Sunday, May 21, 2006

I flipping HATE DRAMA QUEENS!

I'd probably hate drama kings, too, but I don't think I know any.

My sister-in-law has a serious case of PTDD. You know ... Prone To Drama Disorder. Usually I can avoid getting sucked in. Oh, she tries. She calls me up specially to bitch about this or that. But I just listen to her rant and rave and let the words wash over me. Sometimes, it's harder to avoid, though. Plus, it's often clear that her "stories" have only an element of the truth. And that bugs me. I think I hate liars more than I hate drama queens. I usually let those glaring discrepancies go, too, though. Ultimately, it's just not worth it to disagree or to call her out on the dishonesties. Family harmony and all that.

But, you know me.
Just can't keep the ole mouth shut forever.

The latest ... she called me on Friday PISSED off because her sister had given our mother-in-law a birdhouse. And now MIL has this birdhouse in the garden. And birds are building a nest in it! Oh the horror!! I simply responded that her sis told MIL she didn't like it and gave it to her.

She e-mailed me about this twice yesterday.
The first one said, "It is no big deal."
The second one said, "So forget I even noticed it was in the garden."

Like a total idiot, I assumed this meant she wanted to drop it. You know, I assumed she was a rational member of the human race. Silly girl. Assuming such, I didn't respond to either one. (Not about the birdhouse issue ... just a chatty what-are-you-doing-type one.)

This morning, she e-mailed about it again.
This evening, she e-mailed about it again.

This time, she pouts and says that she feels like she has "no right to say anything anymore if I'm upset" and that it "isn't worth it honestly".

WTF??

Let me get this straight. YOU call ME mad about something. I don't say much about it. What could I say? You e-mail me a couple of times saying, basically, forget about it. I forget about it and now you think I'm mad because I forgot about it?

I flipping can't stand drama like this. Real-life drama comes around often enough. We don't really need to go making it up. Well, most of us don't.

I just sent her a loooong e-mail pointing out what was wrong with every one of her messages and even quoting her to make my point. Hooo-BOY! I can't wait till she gets that one. She's been begging me to side with her all weekend and I've just slammed the door. She's gonna be pissed with a capital PEE.

And just think, we're spending the weekend together at mother-in-law's house.

Can't. Hardly. Wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home