Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Kudos, KPM!!

Poor customer service seems to have become the norm these days. At least it has in my little patch of the world. And, considering that Kansas is always the last to catch onto any fad, I'm guessing it's not a localized phenomenon.

So, in light of this, I feel compelled to sing the praises of a small, local computer store ... KPM Computer Solutions in Winfield, Kansas. We bought our latest computer there last July. Kevin, one of the owners, offered to let the boys watch him build it when they expressed an interest. He patiently explained everything as he installed each component.

A few months ago our mother board died. I was a bit peeved as the computer was only about 6 months old at the time. Um. Well. Turns out youngest DS had mistaken the floppy drive for the place where he should insert one of those half-sized CDs. In all likelihood, this killed the mother board. KPM installed a new one and covered it under our warranty. As far as I know, user stupidity isn't a covered item, but they did it anyway.

I've been having internet problems. My server support say it's the computer. Called KPM and they said they were short two techs and really busy but run it by and they'd hook it up at their store to see if it was the computer or not. It was. Our network connections were all gone. The tech (forgot to ask his name) also installed some better drivers, did a couple of other small fixes and dusted the inside out. All for a whopping sixteen dollars and two cents.

As much as I hate poor customer service, I really, really love great service. If anyone needs a new computer, take my advice and check KPM first!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home