Saturday, June 03, 2006

Holy Gators, Batman!

If you live anywhere in southern Kansas or northern Oklahoma, be afraid. Be very, very afraid. Keep your children at home. If you must venture out onto the streets, do it cautiously. Stay ever alert. Stay ever vigilant.

Lane got his driving permit today.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKK!!!

[I will post a photo later but all they give at the time is a temporary paper permit. The real one will come in the mail later. The paper one looks like a grocery store receipt. Somehow that doesn't hold quite the same photographic eloquence.]

And, on an unrelated and yet related, subject ... I got my first pair of Crocs yesterday. Women all over the county (via Scrap Share) have been recommending them to me. Twenty thousand scrappers can't be wrong, can they? I took the plunge. I came home with these. The world's absolute ugliest shoes. The experts were right, though. They are darned comfy.

Damn. Now I'm going to have to buy some other colors.

Oh, and Lane calls them Gators. Now I'm calling them Gators. So I'm going to keep calling them gators, because I think it's funny and these ones are kind of gator-colored, and one day I'm going to say that in front of someone else and they're going to think I'm an idiot.

Oh well.
What else is new?

1 Comments:

At 6:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hehehehe. Lol. I'm sorry. I don't mean to laugh. But, I'm in the same sinking boat as you. Ethan got his a few months ago. His motto? "If you dont' like the way I drive, stay off the sidewalk" :) Actually, he does pretty good, but its still a frightening ordeal -- and one that I am on a soapbox about.

I don't know how they do it where you live (and I'm finding, its NOT the same, all over KS...you would think it would at least be the same, State wide). Ethan had to have a Learners Permit before he could take Driver's Ed. With said permit, he needs to accumulate 50 hours of driving.

Wouldn't it make more sense (this is how we did it in "My Day") -- we had a semester of Driver's Ed, and THEN we went out and got driving experience. They are cramming a semesters worth of info into these kids in 9 days. And he's been driving for a couple of months already. Now they are going to have to deprogram every "wrong" thing he's picked up from me or I've told him to do. Driving is an IMPORTANT part of life. You would think they would REQUIRE it to be a "school" thing, and get the initial driving experience with the "professional" and THEN turn them loose on us poor parents. I so disagree with our system, but not a whole lot I can do about it. Let him drive, and make sure he's to class on time. Its "required" to take math classes they may never use again in their lifetime ... but driving?? driving?? let's cram it into 9 days in the summer.

See. Soapbox:) I just DON'T understand our school system...which is supposed to be one of the best in the state....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home