Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Ah, the lazy, hazy days of summer

School's out here now. Time for those lazy days of summer one hears so much about on the commercials for patio furniture. I remember summers as a kid being fairly lazy. In fact, so much so that I was glad when school came 'round again. What a difference a generation makes. I'm not sure when my kids are going to be lazy this summer. Off the top of my head, they have .....

Weight lifting class, four days per week, one hour each for two months. I'll probably only take them two days.

Levi will do swimming lessons four days per week for two weeks (maybe four).

Levi will do summer orchestra five days per week for two weeks.

Lane's in driver's ed class every day this week for three-and-a-half hours. Then he'll have driving times later.

Lane will have a Junior Leader's trip of four days.

We'll take a three to four day trip.

I want to take them to Oklahoma City at least for a day to do some photo taking downtown (Murrah Building memorial, botanical gardens, Bricktown).

Our lawn needs mowed weekly. Lane is mowing a neighbor's yard weekly. We'll mow my mom's lawn every other week.

I need to go to mother-in-law's and paint a room for her.

There are two different photography judging contests the boys will participate in.

Around and about all of these things there are their 4-H projects to get ready for the fair. Some of them, like the rockets, will take some time.

Lazy days of summer?

My ass.

1 Comments:

At 10:04 PM, Blogger Stacy said...

Hey! Let me know when you'll be in OKC. I might be able to meet up with you there! (My parents live in Edmond.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home