Friday, June 16, 2006

Ouch. That kinda hurt.

The boys do rocketry for a 4-H fair project. They needed to get their rocket kits so they can get started as these can be fairly time consuming. Yesterday we went to the big city of Wichita. Their big Hobby Lobby has more selection than our smaller one so I wanted to get the kits then. Problem ... they aren't on sale. Hobby Lobby usually puts them on sale sometime in the summer but I really didn't want to wait for that. They DID, however, have a 40% off coupon. One per customer.

Our summer budget is pretty tight. Lots and lots of extra kid-related expenses. I really hated to pay full price for both as they totalled up to about $40. Hmmm. Well, technically, the boys are different customers, right? These rockets are for them, after all. Soooooo, I gave them each a $20 and a coupon and sent them through different lines.

Then I felt guilty. Ugh. Is this what they call "painfully honest"? I mean, I don't think Hobby Lobby will have to file bankruptcy because we used two 40% off coupons in one day. But I still felt bad. Does that make me an upstanding citizen? Or just an idiot?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home