Monday, October 23, 2006

Halloween Freakishness, continued


As promised, here are photos of the things that didn't show well in the night photos.

Spiders. The porch is covered in them. And webs. My mom hates it.








And the tombstones in the day so you can read them. The material was a "found" treasure. We had tile laid about four years ago. We've had this leftover cement board in our garage since then. I decided it was the perfect color and material for tombstones. They already look old, just by their natural color. All I had to do was draw on the words with magic marker. The lines I drew can be seen in these photos, but they don't show from the street. Full credit for shapes and most of the epitaphs goes to Scott Messinger at http://hometown.aol.com/smessin983/Halloween/Index.html?f=fs . Thanks, Scott!


Yeah, they're kind of messy but I purposely didn't measure when cutting. I wanted them to be a bit "off". Oh, and this one on the left was made especially for Steve. He found it funny for some reason.

















































2 Comments:

At 3:59 PM, Blogger Martha said...

Ok, I must admit, the last one is my favorite. The others I'd seen before but Elvis...that's a fresh and funny one!

Great job...has the local media found out yet? If not, what's their number, I'll call them!

 
At 9:25 AM, Blogger agent713 said...

LOL the spiders are kind of nasty but the tombstones are brilliant. I'm with Martha. I love the Elvis one.
~Heidi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home