Sunday, October 15, 2006

I can hear the tantrum now

You've heard me talk about my psycho sister-in-law. She just keeps getting better and better. I just don't usually bother to write about it. Most of the time there are just. no. words. But I got a bit of a sadistic giggle today.

See, SIL's latest antic is to have become addicted to Internet bingo. Seriously addicted. Her hubby says he never sees her any more as, every minute she's home and awake, she's in the bedroom on the computer playing bingo. Mother-in-law even says she never talks to her when BIL and SIL visit her as SIL stays in the other room on the computer playing bingo the whole time. Nearly two months ago BIL told me that SIL has racked up winnings over $3,500 to that point. (I can't tell you how skeptical I was of that but I really like BIL so kept my mouth shut.)

Now, bear in mind that SIL (and BIL, of course) are way over their heads in debt. They have even had to borrow five figures from MIL over the years. But, with all these winnings, has she paid MIL a dime extra? Do you even need me to answer that? She continues to be two weeks late on the $100/month payment on the riding mower that she INSISTED on buying from MIL. Oh, they already had one. SIL thought they needed two so she and BIL can each have one. Whatthehellever.

My point? I just heard today that the Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act was passed. In fact, I heard from the very same website that SIL plays bingo on as I created an account there to check it out. She'll no longer be able to gamble online. Not legally anyway. I can only imagine the shitfit she threw when she got that same e-mail.

Gosh. I couldn't feel sorrier for her.
(Did that sound sincere?!?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home