Tuesday, October 03, 2006

No Consequences
[Brought to you by the weekly SS blog challenge.]

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
The challenge:
If you could live one day without consequences, what would you do? Would you get a tattoo just to see what it was like? Would you skip work or school and sleep all day? Would you have a one-night-stand, or would you buy a yacht, or would you tell your parents what you REALLY think of them? If you could live one day without consequences, what would you do?

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

First, we'd sleep really, really late. The boys would be skipping school and Steve would be skipping work and no one would even call in.

Next, I'd have a double extra large chocolate-covered cherry mocha latte and raw chocolate chip cookie dough for breakfast. And I wouldn't even feel sick. And, not only would I not gain weight, but all that sugar would kick my metabolism into high gear and I'd lose 10 pounds.

Once we were all finally up and about, around noon or so, we'd head for Wichita. We'd hit Best Buy where I'd get that iPod Video, Nikon digital camera, flat-screen plasma TV and Dyson Animal I've had the lust, but not the budget, for. Levi would get a Video, too. Lane would get the super-duper video card and processor he's dying for. All of it would go on the credit card. None of it would get paid for.

We'd hit Old Navy for the cargo pants they both love. I'd buy 14 pairs each so I don't have to do laundry for two weeks.

Lane will have his restricted license next March so we'd mosey on over to the Dodge dealership and let him select the truck of his choice. Since this is our one free day, we'd probably get Levi one, too, even though he won't be driving for a couple of years. Of course, while there, truck lust would hit Steve as he's really been missing his since he traded it off so I'm sure he'd pick one, too. Then, not wanting to feel left out, I'd have to go pick out a Yukon Denali.

I'd order that automated Halloween sound and light system that Lane and I crave. That would be another $2,000 or so that CitiCards gets to eat.

We'd finish up our day with dinner at Scotch and Sirloin.

I'd spend the evening laying on the bed, watching bad TV and relishing the idea that I finally got away with something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home