Wednesday, September 27, 2006

A not-so-random act ....

September is kicking my ass. It's been nuts. And this week has been one of the ass-kickingest of the month. And it ain't near over yet. I was gone from 8 a.m. till 4:30 this afternoon today. Had to take my mom over 2 hours away for a check-up with her lung doctor. Spending an hour with my mom can be exhausting. Spending a day is, well, ass-kicking. When I got home, I knew I only had about 15 minutes before I needed to leave again to pick Levi up, run some errands then come home and try to figure out what to make for dinner. Not really much time to rest up.

When I got home, I noticed a largish box that had been delivered today. It was sent to me from some company I'd never heard of. You would have laughed if you had seen me looking at the package. I didn’t remember ordering anything. Could it be something Steve ordered for me for my birthday so maybe I shouldn’t open it?? No, I don’t think he’d plan that far ahead. But, still … maybe I shouldn’t just in case. On the other hand, it would surely come in HIS name, right?? I swear I mulled this over, discussing it with Lane, for about 5 minutes before opening. It was a funny, little Halloween witch. It still took me a couple of minutes to see that it came from a friend in Las Vegas. I can't find words to describe how this made me feel. Especially on a day like today. This dear friend has been too busy lately to even keep in touch much. And yet she, knowing what a Halloween freak I am, took time to order this little witch and have her sent across the country to me. It just literally swept away all the grumpiness and fatigue I'd been feeling just mere minutes before.

I must remember this feeling. And I must remember to make someone else feel like this in turn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home