Sunday, October 22, 2006

And what does this say about me??

I love Halloween. Always have. As a kid, I loved the dressing up in a costume and really loved the candy. In my teens and twenties, I loved the spooky movies. Now, I love it all. I especially love the decorations. When the boys were little, we had several cute things. As they've gotten older, cute as given way to gruesome. Or, at the very least, uncute.

As you may have read in a recent blog post, an article in our local paper specifically naming a house IT thought had great Halloween decorations spurred me on to add more things to my outdoor display. And now, being me, I want to add even more. I have a few ideas that I either ran out of time or money to create for this year. Be on the lookout next year.

For now, here is how my yard looks ....

The porch, in general. Lots of red and purple lights. A few of those fake jack-o-lanterns. The ones with scary faces, of course. Not the cute ones. What you can't see is the spiders everywhere. (I forgot to take daytime photos. Will try to remember to add those tomorrow.) Lane has all the lights hooked up to a programmable light box and the different sets come on, go off, flicker and dim at various times.




Levi informed me this evening that these silhouettes look "too cheesy" but I've had them for years and loved them for years, so they stay. I'd really like to find four more so that I have them in all of the street-facing windows.




The previous items we've had for a while. The rest is new. I have a couple of these creepers hanging in trees in dark areas of the yard. The spotlights just barely pick them up so they look faint and spooky in the dark. Had to use the flash here or he wouldn't show up.





Our own personal demon, standing watch over the cemetery.












The cemetery. I'll post daylight photos of the tombstones tomorrow. Some of them crack me up.



Busy witch, cooking up some kind of brew.






Close-up of her face as I was proud of my flash of inspiration. I put bicycle reflectors behind the eyes of the mask so they would glow red when lights hit them! These are shining from the camera flash.


And just a (very) few of my favorite indoor things...













This is for you SSers. See The Spooky Scrapbook?




Yeah, I get a little into Halloween. It's just too much fun not to. But I kind of have to wonder what the neighbors think? And what they think all this says about me?

5 Comments:

At 6:43 AM, Blogger Martha said...

Ohhh....way cool! My favorite part has to be the silhouettes in the window!

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger Jean said...

Wow! I'd love to come and trick-or-treat at your house! I always admire those who go "all out" on holiday decorations. Don't do it MYSELF, but love to look at them!

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger Christina said...

Awesome decorations! Makes me wish I didn't live in an apartment.

 
At 4:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Diana,
My son is oohing and ahhing over all of your display! It is awesome to say the least! He really should have been your son. ha ha ha

He wants to know how you made the demon (over the cemetary)? He thinks you are very cool and clever!

Diane

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger agent713 said...

I love the bicycle reflector eyes. Brilliant!
~Heidi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home