Thursday, October 05, 2006

How to light a fire under my ass

I love Halloween. Love the season. Love the scary movies on TV. Love the decorations. Love, love, LOVE the decorations. But not the cute ones. Oh, those are fine for others. But I want the spooky stuff at my house. I've got a decent set of decs going, but have been meaning to build a graveyard for outside for the last few years.

A couple of days ago our newspaper had a little article about fall decorations going up all over town. They showed a cute, little set-up of a couple of hay bales and scarecrows. *snort* BUT, they also listed an address that they claimed had a great spooky display. Well, Lane and I being total Halloweenies promptly jumped in the car and headed over. We were gravely disappointed. There was stuff, one could tell, but one could not see it at night. Still, giving them the benefit of the doubt, we drove by the next day in full daylight. Better, but just okay. There were a few neat things but they were smallish and the cars lining the side of the street in front of the house blocked most of the view of them. And they got a mention in the paper?? *harumph*

So, guess what I've been doing last night and this morning? If you guessed that I've been manically cutting out tombstones for my soon-to-be graveyard, you would be right! I'll show that darned paper what a real Halloween display looks like! PLUS, my display looks good in the day with all the webs and spiders, but it also looks good at night with all the lights and window silhouettes. Nothing like a little theirs-is-better-than-yours to get me motivated!

Photos to be posted upon completion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home