Thursday, December 14, 2006

Put in on sale and they will come

I was on the way home last night and the boys called saying they each needed a 3-ring binder. I stopped at a store I thought would have them. Once there, I see signs stating that EVERYTHING in the store is on sale! 30% off. How cool! I mean, stores often have sales but some things are always excluded. When do you ever see a store where every single item is on sale? Rarely. And the shoppers were flocking. While looking for the binders, I roamed up and down each aisle to see if there were any bargains I couldn't stand to miss. The longer I wandered, the more tickled I got. Seriously, by the end I was close to just laughing out loud. Why? Because this was the DOLLAR STORE. And it was packed with shoppers. I mean, that was a whole whopping thirty cents off each item. Now, I love a bargain as much as the next gal, but thirty cents?? This really struck my funny bone. Plus, the checkout lady was counting the little place mats I bought. She counted five, but I only had four. Still, no way was I going to say, "Oh, you overcharged me seventy cents here!" I just overpaid and left. Laughing all the way.

1 Comments:

At 11:52 AM, Blogger agent713 said...

Dollar stores are VERY popular around here...especially at Christmas time! :O Good for you for just over paying and leaving. It's not worth it to fight for 70 cents.
~Heidi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home