Friday, December 08, 2006

Open Letters
[Brought to you by the weekly SS blog challenge.]

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
The challenge:
Write 5 open letters. People, places, objects, an
imals. It doesn't matter. Write 5 succinct letters and express what you can't express in person. Strangers? People you'll never see again? People you're afraid to be completely honest with? Corporations? Celebrities? Your sister's cats? Write to 'em. Angry? Disgusted? Enthralled? Amused? In awe? Annoyed? Admiring?Write about it. 5 of 'em. Let it all out. Have fun!
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
(Sorry - having troubles with formatting again. Can't get it to fix and no time right now.)
Dear Mom,
You need help with some things. I am willing to help with some things. However, you are NOT helpless! You can make that phone call yourself. That's why I told you to do it yourself.
Dear Sis,
I know you see Mom as my, and mine alone, responsibility. I know you think it's funny that I've kind of gotten "stuck" with her care and feeding. Guess what? That's gonna change. Next year. I'll be calling a family meeting. It's gonna PISS you off. But I'm gonna do it anyway.
Dear MIL,
Just a question for you. Why is it you're able to drive 45 minutes to go shopping, but not able to drive the 1.5 hours here to attend the boys' concerts? Why is it you're never able to drive down for birthday parties and sporting events but, by cracky, when we (read: your loving son) invites you (again) to go on vacation with us, you ALWAYS manage to make the trip here so that you can?? Hmmmm.
Dear Holiday Shoppers,
Please be kind. Please be considerate. I know you're stressed. I am, too. But parking your cart right in the middle of the freakin' aisle and ignoring me as I try to pass until I finally, loudly say "EXCUSE ME!" isn't the way to deal with it. Being rude to the poor checkout clerks isn't the way to deal with it. Being growly, grumpy, grouchy or just generally pissy, is not the way to deal with it. Oh, and Merry Christmas to you, too.
Dear Sunny,
Please allow me to disavow you of the illusion that we put up the Christmas tree for your entertainment. We did not. It's for us. You may look it it, but you may not play with it. Do not climb it. Do not hang from its branches. Do not bat its balls. It's not for you. Lay off!
Very sincerely yours,
Diana

2 Comments:

At 11:32 PM, Blogger tosin said...

Methinks Sunny may still be harboring some resentment from some previously unrequested surgery.
:)
~toemi~

 
At 6:21 AM, Blogger Diana Sioux said...

Hmmm, methinks perhaps you're right!
LOL!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home