Sunday, November 26, 2006

Two Virgins Do Wichita

On Thanksgiving, we were looking through the sale circulars for Black Friday. Lane asked why it was called that and, in explaining, I also explained how people get nutty and go to the stores at 5 a.m. Lane thought that sounded fun. Huh? But he got excited about it and his enthusiasm was contagious. I agreed that we should shop.

So, not-so-bright-and-early on Friday, Lane and I, two former Black Friday Virgins, hit Wichita. We shopped Radio Shack, Best Buy, Wal Mart, Target and Bath & Body Works. I didn't find the two main things I went for (dratted early worm shoppers!), but did find comparable items. The best parts of the day:

* Getting a 2 gb SD card for $30
* Getting $65 worth of stuff at B&BW for $23
* Getting to stop at Starbucks for a Peppermint Mocha latte
* Seeing Lane put Shopping Cart Slug in her place

See, Lane is a bit of a shopping cart Nazi. He HATES it when people leave them wherethehellever, instead of taking them to the cart return. We were just coming down the aisle at Target and spotted an empty spot near one of those little median things. A lady was trying to get her cart up onto the grassy area of this median. She gave up and left the butt of it sticking out into the parking space. She started walking away just as we go to the space. Lane jumped out of the van, YANKED the cart off the curb and very pointedly pushed it to the cart return, rattling and shaking it the whole way in an attempt to ensure that Cart Slug would see him. Not sure if she got the point, but I got a heck of a laugh out of it!

Did we have fun Black Friday shopping? Yes. Would I do it again? I'm not sure. Ask me next year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home