Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Color me white
[Brought to you by the SS Blog Challenge]

When asked what my favorite color was, my first reaction was NOT white. But I had to think about it and realized that it must be one of my favorites. It's practically all I wear, shirt-wise. I must have about 25 white shirts. Several of those are old and used for mowing or house cleaning. A few of them are nice. And, by "nice", I mean not stained. I realized that more and more things in my house are going white ... appliances, towel racks, kitchen tools, ceiling fans, even my latest set of sheets. Not to mention the new van. I just like the clean, fresh, uncluttered look of it.

What does that say about me? I didn't know, so I googled it. Let's see how accurate that is:

White: Symbolic of purity, innocence, and naivete, white has strong connotations of youth and purity.
Hee, hee, haw, haw, laugh, chortle, snort. Ummm, methinks not.

If you are an older person, your preference for white could indicate a desire for perfection and impossible ideals, maybe an attempt to recapture lost youth and freshness.
Okay, maybe. Not the last part. Don't care much about recapturing lost youth unless, of course, that means when the kids run off and I have to track them down. But the perfection part could be accurate. Note that it says the "desire for" perfection ... not the "achievement of".

It may also symbolize a desire for simplicity or the simple life.
Hells yeah. Again, the operative word is "desire".

When considering my favorite color my first reaction was green. Let's see what that says:

The color of harmony and balance, Green symbolizes hope, renewal, and peace, and is usually liked by the gentle and sincere.
Sincere, maybe. I definitely don't see me as gentle. I'm more of a bull than a butterfly.

Greens are generally frank, community-minded people, fairly sociable but preferring peace at any price.
Yes, to all of the above.

Green people can he too self-effacing, modest, and patient and so may get exploited by others.
Yep, yep, yep and SO yep!

They are usually refined, civilized, and reputable.
Nope, nope, yep.

Maybe when you mix green an white and get pale green I'm the "lite" versions of each of these colors??

1 Comments:

At 10:04 AM, Blogger tosin said...

I don't think I've ever heard anyone say that white is their favorite color. Interesting!!

~toemi~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home