Thursday, August 24, 2006

The blink of an eye

I nearly got broad-sided this morning. I had dropped Lane off at the high school and was taking Levi to the middle school. I was stopped at a red light, then started into the intersection when the light turned green. I caught movement out of the corner of my eye, slammed on my brakes and a car went flying by no more than 1-2' from my front bumper. It was truly a heart-stopping moment.

The thing is, since Lane got his permit in June I have preached and preached and preached at him NOT to trust that other drivers will follow the law! And I usually do check left and right before starting into an intersection in cases like this just in case some dumbass decides to fly through on the last second of yellow and doesn't make it. But Levi and I were chatting and I just had one of those momentary lapses. I could well have been my last lapse.

Note to self: Remember to practice what you preach!

You must excuse me now while I go change my panties.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home