Saturday, July 08, 2006

Blog-napped...

While catching up on other people's blogs this morning I came across this on Denise in CT's blog (who copied it from cmmomofmany). Like Denise said, I get a lot of the surveys but rarely do them. This one seemed a little different so I'll play!

1. Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 18, find line 4 and write what it says.
Narcissus in Chains by Laurell K. Hamilton - "He gave me directions and I read them back to him." (Exciting, huh?)

2. Stretch your left arm out as far as you can. What can you touch?
The extra computer monitor that my @(*%& husband brought home from work and Lane immediately hooked up so we can have two monitors showing the same thing. Yeah, I can see the need for that!

3. What is the last thing you watched on TV?
A M*A*S*H rerun.

4. Without looking, guess what time it is.
9:30 a.m.

5. Now look at the clock. What is the actual time?
9:53 a.m.

6. With the exception of the computer, what can you hear?
Nothing at all. Both boys are gone and Steve is still sleeping. No sounds here but the whirring of the tower fans and the clicking of the keyboard. There aren't even any outdoors sounds filtering in. The neighbors must all be sleeping in.

7. When did you last step outside? What were you doing?
About 20 minutes ago ... taking a smoke break.

8. Before you started this survey, what did you look at?
Denise in CT's blog

9. What are you wearing?
My favorite green cargo pants, white tee-shirt (anyone who knows me could have guessed THAT) and my green crocs. I'd normally still be in jammies but when Lane gets off work soon I'm gonna drag him to some garage sales. He'll be thrilled.

10. Did you dream last night?
Yes, but I don't remember any dreams. Got to bed way too late and woke up way too early. Slept really hard in between.

11. When did you last laugh?
Last night was a good laughing night ... had dinner with "the girls" and we had a lot of laughs - mostly margarita-driven. Then had coffee with some of the girls in my family and we had a lot of laughs there, too. The former is typical ... the latter is not.

12. What is on the walls of the room you are in?
One side has tons of family pictures, mostly of the boys. The other has my cowboy art.

13. Seen anything weird lately?
Yeah, a couple of days ago Lane and I were driving down main street and I saw a guy standing on his porch playing an accordion. That was a bit odd.

14. What do you think of this quiz?
It's pretty fun. At least it's different from all those "what is your favorite color" ones.

15. What is the last film you saw?
At the theater - "X-Men; the Last Stand"

16. If you became a multi-millionaire overnight, what would you buy?
First: a new truck for Steve. Second: mother-in-law's ranch

17. Tell me something about you that I don’t know.
I've been having a bit of trouble with my MS flaring up lately. Haven't told anyone I know. Other than that, probably nothing. If you know me in person you know I'm pretty much an open book.

18. If you could change one thing about the world, regardless of guilt or politics, what would you do?
For the world, end prejudice of all kinds. For me, teach everyone MANNERS!

19. Do you like to dance?
Heck yeah! Haven't done it in quite a while, though

20. Comment to George Bush:
I think you're trying to do the right thing (even though that hasn't always worked) and not just the popular thing. I admire that.

21. Imagine your first child is a girl, what do you call her?
Had I had one, she would have been Brady Loren. Brady because we liked it and Loren was my grandmother's middle name.

22. Imagine your first child is a boy, what do you call him?
He was. He is Lane William. Lane because we liked it and William was his grandfather's first name.

23. Would you ever consider living abroad?
Sure

24. What do you want God to say to you when you reach the pearly gate?
Not sure what I think He would say but I'm hoping, at the very least, He'll look over His ledger, shake His head and say "Come on in anyway."

25. 3 people who must also do this quiz in THEIR blog:
No one I know IRL. Maybe some of the other SSers who blog surf the roll will want to add it

3 Comments:

At 5:35 PM, Blogger Martha said...

Your answer to #20 would please my husband greatly! :) I hope that your MS flares back down soon...I can only imagine the frustration that goes with such a chronic, fluctuating disease. Any chances that the recent grief you've witnessed is a contributing factor?
Hang in there

 
At 9:10 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Diana- thanks for the validation! Wasn't sure anyone read my blog but me! haha!

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger agent713 said...

Great quiz. I just did it in my blog :)
~Heidi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home