Monday, November 07, 2005

How to open a Hershey bar

On a scrapping board I frequent, Jen in GA posted this morning that she noticed that there are instructions for opening a Hershey bar on the back of the wrapper. She wondered if someone had trouble and called them for help and cajunscrapper said they probably did! Why else would they print them? This idea really tickled me and got me to imagining that 1-800-HER-SHEY call.

========

Ring, ring.

Hershey's Tech Support: Hello, Hershey's Technical Support. How may I assist you?

Candy Idiot: Umm, yeah. I have a Hershey bar and I'm really craving chocolate but I can't figure out how to get it open! I'm getting really frustrated! Can you help?

HTS: Of course, sir. That's what we're here for. First of all, I need to inform you that this call may be monitored for quality purposes. Second calm down. Now, do you have the bar in front of you?

CI: Oh, no. Hang on. .......... Okay, I'm back. I've got it now.

HTS: Okay, sir. Tell me what it says on the package.

CI: Umm, Hershey's Milk Chocolate.

HTS: Is that with or without nuts?

CI: Ummm, I'm not sure. It doesn't say anything about nuts. Is that a problem??? Does it matter???

HTS: No, sir. It's just for our records. Now, sir, what I need for you to do for me is to turn the candy bar over so that the back is facing you. Got it?

CI: Yeah, it's on it's back now.

HTS: Do you see a small flap where the brown wrapper was joined together?

CI: Yeah, I see it.

HTS: Okay, grasp the bar with your left hand and gently lift the flap with your right hand.

CI: But the flap is on my LEFT!!

HTS: Don't worry, sir. Try rotating the bar 180-degrees so that the flap is on your right.

CI: Okay, I did that.

HTS: Now try grasping the bar with your left hand and lifting the flap with your right.

CI: It's tearing! It's tearing!!

HTS: That's okay. You're going to discard it anyway.

CI: Oh. OK. ......... OH NO!! There's another wrapper underneath!!

HTS: Don't worry sir. We're going to remove this one exactly like you did the last one only this one will be easier as it's not glued down. Can you try that for me now?

CI: OK

HTS: And did that work?

CI: YES!! It worked! The candy is unwrapped now! Oh, thank you SO much! I had no idea how I was going to get this done. You're a life saver.

HTS: You're very welcome, sir. Just for future reference, these directions are written on the back of the wrapper.

CI: (sheepishly) Oh, gosh. I didn't notice that!

HTS: That's OK. That's what we're here for. Is there anything else I can help you with today?

CI: No. Thanks for your help!

HTS: You have a good day and enjoy that chocolate!

click

6 Comments:

At 9:16 AM, Blogger Sam Freedom said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger Mel said...

Hey there... very funny..
Glad to see you have joined the blog world.
Empress4

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger Jaylene with Photography by Jaylene said...

OMFSM - You don't know how bad I needed that laugh today.

 
At 4:03 AM, Blogger Aussie Wendy said...

I so wish I could see a hersheys bar! Thanks for the giggle

 
At 8:23 PM, Blogger momazon said...

Thanks for your &%^$#/@ kind words.


BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!!!!!

The ONLY reason I put a governor on my language at S&S is because of some of the delicate souls that would read it... and then stroke out.

As I am posting here... I am right next to this "Sam Freedom" post - he's scary!!!! Lookit that PICTURE!!!! EEEeeeew!

And WHAT the (&^%%$^ is Swedish weaving?
Thanks,
Goodie

 
At 5:28 PM, Blogger Veronica said...

I love this. I get calls like this where I work. Well, not quite that bad - but bad enough ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home